In 1905, Mr. Frank Jarvis and Mr. Thomas Garner formed Conway Stewart at 13 Paternoster Row London EC1, next to St Paul’s Cathedral in London. Today, this area is known as Paternoster Square having been redeveloped after its complete destruction during the Blitz of World War II.
Jarvis and Garner had a single aim, to produce elegant, timelessly beautiful, yet functional writing instruments – a principle that Conway Stewart holds true to this day.
Although there is much debate regarding the origins of the Company’s name, it is believed that the name “Conway Stewart” derives from a popular vaudeville act of the day. Conway and Stewart were supposedly a comedy double act who appeared at Collins Music Hall in Islington.
Who of our Rhodia friends owns and enjoys a Conway Stewart fountain pen?