Imagine that you are stranded on a desert island and you have a solar powered iPod that can only hold 15 songs. These are the 15 songs you are willing to listen to over and over and over again until MAYBE you are rescued. These are the songs that you will spend dancing on a moonlit beach with your friend Wilson, drinking coconut wine and eating fresh conch. Hmmmm – that actually doesn’t sound like such a bad thing…
After much consideration, (ok – I really only spent about 10 minutes on this but it was a HARD ten minutes) this is what I came up with. I’m proud of the fact that I managed to pull a list together that included ambient, heavy metal, disco, big band, rock and I’m not sure what Jack Johnson is… Folk? Singer Songwriter?
In no specific order:
- Staple it Together – Jack Johnson
- Pain Lies on the Riverside – Live
- Pulse 2 – Jim Donovan
- Mirrors – Glen Velez
- Amber – 311
- For Whom the Bell Tolls – Metallica
- Tears Dry on Their Own – Amy Winehouse
- On the Beat – BB&Q Band
- Get Down On It – Kool and the Gang
- Sleepwalk – The Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Swearin’ to God – Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons
- Ain’t no Stoppin’ us Now
- Wicked Garden – Stone Temple Pilots
- It’s a Shame – The Spinners
- Mean Street – Van Halen
Want to give it a try? You’ve got ten minutes…… now GO!
Post your results below.
In use: Bloc Rhodia No° 13, EF Lamy Studio, Diamine Damson ink.
Inspired by my friend Sophie on her blog For Love and Idleness.